Excite is a highly-collaborative project between eight partner organisations based across Europe (BE, DE, DK, FI, LU, NO, NL, SE). This innovative network leverages a dynamic mechanism to expedite the internationalisation of young artists and music businesses earlier in their careers and development.
The delivery model is built around a core of ten partner festivals in their respective markets, with a small number of associated festivals and conferences in territories including ES, PL, PT and SI. Portugal, Slovenia - plus a curated stage at Reeperbahn in Hamburg, DE.
Excite also produces dedicated songwriting- and networking camps with internationally respected writers/producers to accelerate artistic development and encourage deeper peer-to-peer collaborations. The delivery model will also integrate specialist industry advice from key infrastructure elements such as managers, labels, publishers, booking agencies, sync agencies and promoters.
Initially established in 2009 with a core base of three partners, the project has since developed into a coherent network of extended member organisations, associated festivals and wider industry partners. This additional investment will facilitate the project to integrate a broader range of high-level opportunities and collaborative activity into the delivery model and significantly increase the value for participants.
The network offers participants access to:
- credible career opportunities to tour internationally and transnationally;
- peer-to-peer learning and development of professional skills with industry experts;
- brokering networking possibilities and facilitating industry connections;
- accessing new markets earlier and reaching and engaging wider audiences;
- expediting the development of young artist and music businesses
- leveraging access to high-level international music industry contacts
Excite is currently funded by each partner organisation. From 20th of November 2017 until 19th of November 2019, Excite was co-funded by Creative Europe. This appreciated support helped Excite develop and diversify the project.